Work for Forbes Services Memorial Club!
Are you looking for a rewarding job in a growing club? Forbes Services Memorial Club is always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our team. Be sure to see which positions are open, and apply if you think you would be a good fit.
* A real opportunity exists for progression to Sous Chef within the next 16 to 18 months.
*What’s on Offer:
** A salary range between $45,000 to $60,000 (gross)
* 9.5% Employers Superannuation
* 5 weeks annual leave
* Flexi day each month or accrual of up to 9 days
The Commis Chef we are seeking:
* Must be a fully qualified Chef holding a minimum Certificate III in commercial cookery with the desire to deliver the highest quality of food preparation and presentation standards;
* Must have a minimum of 4 years-experience (period of apprenticeship included);
* Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced A la Carte kitchen environment producing 300 to 500 meals per-day with char grill experience;
* Must have strong function experience;
* Must be a good communicator with strong leadership and mentoring skills (English language);
* Must have a passion and flair for food and an eye for detail
* Must be able to lead by example with a hands-on role in the kitchen;
* Must have a strong knowledge of food;
* Must be experienced in ordering and dealing with suppliers;
* Must have a sound knowledge of WHS principles, food handling and HACCP requirements;
* Must be reliable and honest;
* Must have experience managing and working closely with a small team;
* Must be an Australian Citizen or have rights to work in Australia.
*Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
** Supporting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in achieving and maintaining key performance indicators;
* Overseeing the kitchen operations in the daily food preparation and production for all catering and function outlets meeting the Club’s quality standards;
* Ensuring stock control and rotation policies are adhered to;
* Providing training, advice and support to other chefs, apprentices and kitchen-hands.
Why come to Forbes:
If you are looking for a tree change and escaping the fast pace lifestyle on the big cities and joining a safe, relaxing and friendly country community offering excellent educational facilities; including two public primary schools, one Catholic primary school, public High School and Red Bend Catholic College plus new pre-school and numerous child care centres. On the recreation front the Lachlan River is on the door step for recreational fresh water fishing, The Forbes Ski Dam for the water ski enthusiast, Lake Forbes walking, running and cycle track for the fitness fanatics. The town also boasts a range of sports including, Rugby League, Union, Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, Squash, Netball, Basketball, Lawn Bowls and an 18-hole championship golf course, plus a great boutique shopping centre for the shopaholic. Then this is the job you have been looking for.
Where is Forbes:
Forbes is a town in the Central West of New South Wales, located on the Newell Highway between Parkes and West Wyalong; about 380 kilometres west of Sydney. Forbes is situated on the Lachlan River boasting a growing population of 7500. Nearby towns within 1.5 hour’s drive includes Parkes, Cowra, Young, Orange and Dubbo.
The Forbes Services Memorial Club is the largest licenced venue offering a busy Bistro, Café and Function Centre led by our Head Chef and supported by 1 Sous Chef, 1 apprentice Chef and kitchen-hand staff. The Club is located one block from the town centre offering a range of services to its 6000 members including 87 gaming machines, TAB, Keno, and 37 seat micro Cinema.
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced fully qualified Commis Chef to assist the Head Chef in running our busy Bistro offering A La Carte menu, our Café and Functions Centre whilst dealing with challenges in a calm, encouraging and positive way. We are seeking a Chef that is willing to grow with our business and support the Head Chef as it continues to grow; who has the ability and desire to help take the Club’s catering department and its staff to the next level.
*The position is performance based with the successful applicant commencing employment for a
90-day probationary period. The performance of Commis Chef will be monitored and assessed throughout the probationary period and if deemed suitable will be offered ongoing employment.
*Applicants should send their professional resume, given details of their background and experience and three current employment references to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Position Vacant – Commis Chef
PO Box 150
Forbes NSW 2871
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Chef: 4 years (Preferred)
- High School (Year 9-11) (Preferred)